SEI 2017 Dates & Location
SEI will be held from July 14 – August 7 or 11, 2017 on the campus of California Baptist University near Los Angeles, California.
Any international student ages 11-18 is welcome to apply to the appropriate WAnet Program. Students planning to attend an American high school, an American university, or those simply planning to continue their study of the English language within their home country will benefit greatly.
WAnet Schools will model and hold students accountable to core life values – values embraced by most religions and held in the highest regard across cultures: Honesty, hard work, respect towards everyone, a positive attitude and adaptable spirit. Although WAnet schools are Christian institutions and will teach students a foundational understanding of all major world religions, we also recognize that religious belief is an individual decision. We do expect respect towards our core values.
Notes on Pricing:
- The SEI fee is all-inclusive, covering every expense the student has during their time at SEI (room, food/meals, medical insurance, classroom supplies, travel within the U.S., social activities, and classes).
- The round trip airplane ticket to and from America is the responsibility of the student’s family and must be purchased according to the guidelines determined by WAnet.
- For students continuing on to their new WAnet school in the United States, WAnet will arrange transportation for the student.
- Students should bring extra money for souvenirs and extra merchandise they desire to purchase on weekends and during the travel portion.
- Students will travel to Los Angeles, California on July 14, 2017.
- Parents are responsible for cost and arrangements for international flights to and from the U.S.
- WAnet will purchase and coordinate all travel domestically in the U.S. during SEI.
- Students will live in modern, beautiful dormitories at the host SEI site for all summer programs.
- Meals will be provided in the university cafeteria.
- All supervisors are trained, positive role models considered among the best available in the U.S.
- A nurse and student needs staff is always available to care for medical needs.
- SEI students not going on the east coast travel week will fly out from San Francisco on August 7, 2017.
- SEI students going on the east coast travel week will fly out from New York-JFK Airport on August 11, 2017.
- WAnet will purchase tickets and coordinate travel on behalf of students continuing on to WAnet schools at the end of SEI.